The Captain provides marine command responsibility and support in the ship’s marine operations. He or she supervises operations, equipment and auxiliaries and ensures compliance with operating procedures, maintenance requirements, and international maritime regulations. He or she oversees local maintenance and repairs of the ship’s equipment. The Captain implements and upholds safety and environmental compliance requirements.
• Prefer College Degree in Maritime Deck Transportation or equivalent.
• USCG Unlimited Master of Steam or Motor Vessels License Upon Oceans or STCW equivalent, and Flag State endorsement
• Command experience as a ship’s Captain on unlimited tonnage vessels.
• Excellent leadership, communication and management skills.
• Computer skills in information systems and computer control consoles.
• Prefer previous experience as a DPO.
• Experience with Dynamic Positioning Systems and Basic and Advanced DP simulation.
• Experience in the use of on board stability programs.
• Experience in marine environmental and hazardous material regulations and procedures.
• Experience in offshore marine operations, industrial environment, and drilling operations.
• Radar Observer (Unlimited).
• GMDSS Operator
For contact information click "Apply Job" button!